March 24, 2010

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday! I was so excited because I thought we were going to get to see our little nugget again! Guess I just thought you got to see them every time. I had hoped this was true because sometimes, when you haven't really been sick at all or had any weird cravings, you wonder if they are really in there. Anywho, we didn't get to see the baby, but we DID get to hear the heartbeat again! And by the sound of it, I think this is what we are having...

Not because it was saying "ribbit", but because they had to chase the precious little thing all over my stomach to keep track of the heartbeat (which is very healthy, by the way)! The nurse even commented that it was a very active baby, and because of that, I might start feeling it sooner than later! I cannot wait for that day!! This also might explain why I've been so dad'gum tired! They baby is active enough for both of us!

We went over some desires and plans with our doctor, whom we LOVE, as well. She asked about where we wanted to deliver, if I wanted to breast or bottle feed, etc. One of the last questions was epidural or natural delivery? Now, those of you who might not know me as well, I've got a little hippy, flower-child, running through my veins. Just enough for me to prefer organic vs. non-organic, make-up that makes you look like you don't have any on, boycott on most over-the-counter and prescription meds (see the movie "The Constant Gardner"), the windows down on the car and up in the house, and truth be told, a shower every other day or so (I take a sink bath on those days...don't worry). So natural childbirth is naturally my first option, and no, I'm not a glutton for punishment. There is something very pure about it in my mind. The way God intended it to be (after the fall, of course). An uninhibited expression of "I am momma, hear me roar." And I'm sure I will roar plenty! Something is so sweet and attractive to me about experiencing every bit of pregnancy, the joys and the pains, right along with this precious lovely one I am growing inside of me. I have been called everything from stupid, to idiot, and everything in between when sharing that with most. I was relieved to find that my doctor fully supports it, with the proper preparation both mentally and physically. It is my desire to spend as much time getting ready for this as I can including, yoga, reading, meditation and pain management breathing. It is also my desire to hire a doula, or labor coach, to help me through it. So, call me what you will, I feel like it's the right thing for me this time. It is in NO WAY an attempt to be SuperWoman. Just something I feel deep down in my spirit.

We will find out what we are having on Thursday, April 29th! I am down with whatever! I will be in love no matter what! My hubby, on the other hand, is smitten with the idea of being a daddy to a baby girl. I think he daydreams in rose-colored glasses already, and I'm SURE he would paint that nursery pink TODAY if I would let him! Cutie! We are pumped, no matter what, and are blessed and honored to be chosen to raise a little one.

With that, any wagers on what we'll be having? Girl or boy?

1 comment:

  1. I had not idea we had nearly the same philosophies on make-up, meds, childbirth, etc. I had Chloe naturally and looooved it. If you ever want to hear more about it, email me or give me a ring. For some reason, I don't have your email address in my address book anymore, so I'm hoping you have mine. I'm sooooo excited for you all! Love, your cousin Shannon

    ReplyDelete